Our Vision: An age friendly community where everyone celebrates
living at home and staying connected.
Our Mission: The Dupont Circle Village is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization
that connects members to one another, provides information, cultural and
social activities, services, and supports. Membership enables Villagers to
maintain their health and homes as they embrace the benefits and challenges
What is the current membership?
There are more than 200 members, ages 50 to 90+
What are the member benefits?
- Monthly DCV Newsletter
- Educational Seminars
- Members Only forum through a Google Group
- Free annual online subscription to Washington Consumers' Checkbook
- Free annual membership to George Washington University Hospital Senior Advantage Program
- Reduced rates for George Washington University course auditing
- Member Discounts at area restaurants, theater, and local businesses
- A range of volunteer assistance (see below)
What are the member activities?
- Exercise, Health and Wellness: Walking groups, Senior Yoga, affiliated exercise classes, Falls Prevention
- Cultural: Docent gallery tours, plays, theatre, and more
- Social Interactions: Dining in Dupont, Knitting/Sewing group, Sunday Soup Salon, Membership gatterings, Celeb Salons, Annual Gala, Ice Cream social, Wine Tastings, Holiday party, Mad Hatter Tea
- Education Forums: Live and Learn Series, New Member Dinners, Driver Safety, Tech Tuesdays, Ted Talks
What are the annual membership dues options?
- Regular Member: $500 for individuals / $700 for households
- Sustaining Member: $500 for individuals / $700 for households; no volunteer services
- Open Village Member: $100 for individuals / $150 for households with less than $40,000 annual income
- Associate Member: $200 for individuals / $250 for households for current members moving outside of the DCV service area; no volunteer services provided
- Next Gen 2.0 Member: $500 for individuals / $700 for households
What is the current volunteer composition?
More than 75 members and non-members volunteers have been vetted to provide services including, but not limited to: transportation, technology assistance, home maintenance (heavy and light), neighborhood errands, pet sitting, administrative support, and reading for the visually impaired. (DCV Volunteer Services Chart)
Want to learn more about us?
Call us: 202.436.5252 to join, volunteer or support us
View our website: www.dupontcirclevillage.net
Visit our office: Monday - Friday – 10:00 am to 4:00 pm, or By Appointment
(Closed on Federal Holidays)
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/DupontCircleVillage
Follow us on Twitter: #DCVaginginplace